Today was a sad day for us. We have to leave the branch and go back to our regular ward for church. I know, that doesn't seem so bad but it is amazing how fast you can get used to a 30 minute sacrament meeting! In all honesty, the past 8 months have been so good for Jerrick and I in our church callings. Getting called to the medical branch is so great because you are serving for 4 hours every Sunday! I'm pretty confident that if the Savior were walking the earth today he would be caring for the sick and afflicted. To stand in place of him and serve the spiritual needs of patients in the hospital has been such a blessing for me. It is such a testimony to see individuals going through so much pain and heartache, yet have an unyielding love and appreciation for the Savior. I grew to love the other members of the branch and I will really miss them! Today there was a little branch breakfast after church. I like to think it was just a good farewell for us :)
Here is a picture of a good part of the group. Those who were still there at the end of the breakfast.
President Smith doing his thing... He was pretty much a professional french toast chef and they were so awesome!
Leah and Mary and me... most of our Relief Society Presidency. I will really miss these awesome ladies! They were so fun for me to work with.
Jerrick and most of the Branch presidency and our High Council Rep. I think working in the presidency really gave us a greater appreciation for the calling. Also, working with the rest of the presidency taught us a lot! I usually enjoy change but this I am a little sad about. We will truly miss everyone but hey... callings await elsewhere and I'm sure we will grow to love those as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment