
So, Houston is pretty crazy in the month of March. There are 3 weeks of non stop Rodeo craziness! I mean cowboys with real cowboy boots and hats and semi trucks full of livestock coming in every day. Every day there is a little Rodeo competition followed by a concert. The concerts are amazing too! Every night is someone big or pretty big- Zac Brown Band, Rascal Flatts, Kid Rock, Enrique Iglesias... you name it and they just might be there! Last year we saw Rascal Flatts and this year we went to Train. We had a blast before the show checking out all of the livestock including dozens of tiny piglets, 2 hour old horses (which can already stand up... crazy!), Texas Longhorns, and hatching chicks. I am sure this is more for the kids, but I really enjoyed it! Then we went to the actual Rodeo and watched a bunch of CRAZY cowboys. They will get bucked off of a bull and turn around and do it again if they get the chance. One of my favorite parts is the "mutton busting" which is watching a bunch of 5 year olds try to stay on sheep. Hilarious! Afterward, Train was a really good concert. Getting out of the giant stadium (Reliant Stadium, where the Houston Texans play) was not fun at all. I know that next March when I am no longer in Houston, I will for sure be missing Rodeo Season!
No comments:
Post a Comment